|• Mayor||Thomas Bredam (S)|
|• Total||211.99 km2 (81.85 sq mi)|
(1 January 2016)
|• Density||240/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The most important church in Denmark is in Roskilde. It is where the dead Danish kings are buried. The city also have a yearly music festival called Roskilde Festival. The festival is one of two biggest in Europe.
Famous people from Roskilde[change | change source]
- Jens Adolf Jerichau (d. 1916), painter
- Peter Madsen (1978-), footballer
- Kevin Magnussen (1992-), racing driver
- Lise Nørgaard, writer, journalist, screenwriter
References[change | change source]
- "BY1: Population 1. January by urban areas, age and sex". statbank.dk. Statistics Denmark. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Dorph-Petersen, Jes; Kaster, Søren. "Egmont 1878–2003 • 125 years". Egmont Publishing. Retrieved 28 January 2010.