Roy Rockwood is the pseudonym created by the Stratemeyer Syndicate for the team of ghostwriters who wrote the syndicate's boys' adventure books. The name is best remembered for the Bomba the Jungle Boy and the Great Marvel series.
Series[change | change source]
- Deep Sea (1905–1908)--Later reused as part of Dave Fearless series
- Great Marvel (1906–1935)--Volumes 1-5 and 8 ghostwritten by Howard R. Garis
- Speedwell Boys (1913–1915)
- Dave Dashaway (1913–1915)
- Dave Fearless (1926–1927)
- Bomba, the Jungle Boy (1926–1937), many ghostwritten by John William Duffield
In addition to Garis and Duffield, some of these books were also written by Leslie McFarlane and W. Bert Foster. Edward Stratemeyer had earlier used the pseudonym "Roy Rockwood" for the book The Wizard of the Sea; or a Trip Under the Ocean, published by the Mershon Company in 1900.