Shell Oil Company
|Wholly Owned Subsidiary|
|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Revenue||US$ 37.376 billion (2013/2016)|
|Parent||Royal Dutch Shell|
Shell Oil Company is the United States-based subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell. Its parent is a multinational oil company ("oil major") of Anglo Dutch origins. Royal Dutch Shell is one of the largest oil companies in the world. About 22,000 Shell employees are based in the United States The head office in the United States is in Houston, Texas. Shell Oil Company, including its related companies, is one of the US’s largest oil and natural gas producers, natural gas marketers, gasoline marketers and petrochemical manufacturers.
Shell has approximately 25,000 Shell-branded gas stations in the US. They are Shell's most visible public presence. Shell also owns the Jiffy Lube chain of auto oil change stores. Since 1998, Shell Oil Company is a 50/50 partner with the Saudi Arabian government-owned oil company Saudi Aramco in Motiva Enterprises. Motiva is refining and marketing joint venture which owns and operates three oil refineries on the Gulf Coast of the United States. Motiva also operates 8,000 Shell-branded gas stations in the eastern and southern United States. Shell also used to hold 80% of an exploration firm called Pecten that explores and drills in various offshore locations including the oil basin near Douala, Cameroon. It sold the 80% to Addax Petroleum on 31 October 2011.
References[change | change source]
- "Namesake tenant departing One Shell Plaza". September 20, 2016. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- "Revenue and Financial Reports". www.vault.com.
- "About Shell". Shell Oil Company. Archived from the original on 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2011-09-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "About Motiva". Motiva Enterprises. Retrieved 2011-09-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Retail". Shell Oil Company. Retrieved 2011-09-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- "Addax Petroleum completes acquisition of an 80% shareholding interest in Pecten Cameroon Company LCC (PCC)". Addax Petroleum. 2 November 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Shell in the United States website
- Royal Dutch Shell website
- Motiva website
- Saudi Aramco Archived 2007-04-17 at the Wayback Machine website
- Shell Invests in Hydrogen from Biomass Production Archived 2007-10-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Controversy Over Shell's Oil Exploration in Arctic Continues September 17, 2013 PBS NewsHour