Suñé in c. 1970–72
|Birth name||Rubén José Suñé|
|Date of birth||7 March 1947|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Date of death||20 June 2019(aged 72)|
|Place of death||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|1975||Unión de Santa Fe||49||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Suñé was born in Buenos Aires. He is best remembered as a Boca Juniors player, spending two stints at the club from 1967–1972 and 1976–1980. He won eight titles with Boca Juniors, including the Intercontinental Cup in 1977 and two Copa Libertadores in 1977 and 1978. He also played for Huracán, Unión de Santa Fe and San Lorenzo. He first played for Argentina in 1969, playing six times total for his country.
Suñé died on 20 June 2019 in Buenos Aires, at the age of 72.
Honours[change | change source]
- Boca Juniors
- Copa Argentina: 1969
- Primera División: 1969 Nacional, 1970 Metropolitano, 1976 Nacional, 1976 Metropolitano
- Copa Libertadores: 1977, 1978
- Intercontinental Cup: 1977
References[change | change source]
- "Murió el ex futbolista e ídolo de Boca Rubén "Chapa" Suñé". Infobae (in Spanish). 20 June 2019. Retrieved 22 June 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rubén Suñé.|
- Rubén Suñé at WorldFootball.net