Sister Dr Ruth Katherina Martha Pfau (9 September 1929 – 10 August 2017) was a German-Pakistani physician and nun of the Society of Daughters of the Heart of Mary. She devoted nearly 50 years of her life to fighting leprosy in Pakistan. She was born in Leipzig, Germany. She founded the Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre.
References[change | change source]
- Doctor of Science (DSc), honoris causa, awarded to Dr. Ruth Katherina Martha Pfau Aga Khan University, Karachi Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- Dr. Pfau to be honoured today, DailyTimes.com.pk, 11 April 2003; retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Dr Ruth Pfau awarded German Staufer Medal". Express Tribune. 22 December 2015. https://tribune.com.pk/story/1014004/extraordinary-service-dr-ruth-pfau-awarded-german-staufer-medal/. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- Kazi, Mudaser (9 August 2017). "Pakistani lepers' messiah Dr Ruth Pfau hospitalised and her condition's worsening". Express Tribune. https://tribune.com.pk/story/1477635/dr-ruth-pfau-pakistans-mother-teresa-hospitalised-conditions-worsening/. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Light to Pakistan's leprosy patients, Dr Ruth Pfau passes away in Karachi". DAWN. 10 August 2017. https://www.dawn.com/news/1350753.