|No. 17 – Tennessee Titans|
|Born:||July 27, 1988|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||217 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Big Spring (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 8|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 18, 2022|
College[change | change source]
NFL[change | change source]
2012[change | change source]
During the 2012 NFL Draft, Tannehill was picked 8th by the Miami Dolphins. He was the first quarterback picked by the Dolphins in the first round of any NFL Draft since Dan Marino. On July 28, 2012, Tannehill signed his rookie contract, a 4-year deal worth $12.688 million. Tannehill started his first pro career game. He played poorly, throwing 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions against the Houston Texans. Even though he had a poor first game, Tannehill showed signs of growth throughout his rookie season. Despite playing better as the season progressed, his play was still thought to be overall mediocre, as it was overshadowed by the play of other rookie quarterbacks, such as Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Russell Wilson.
References[change | change source]
- Hyde, Dave (September 8, 2012). "Ryan Tannehill: From Big Spring to big time". Sun Sentinel. Archived from the original on August 1, 2013. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- "Ryan Tannehill Draft Profile". National Football League. Archived from the original on October 16, 2018. Retrieved December 28, 2012.
- Rapoport, Ian (July 28, 2012). "Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins agree on rookie contract". National Football League. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Beasley, Adam H. (August 17, 2013). "Ryan Tannehill looks for 'better showing' against Houston Texans". The Miami Herald. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Richards, George (December 25, 2012). "Ryan Tannehill's growth pattern at quarterback pays benefits for Miami Dolphins". The Miami Herald. Retrieved December 28, 2012.
- "Ryan Tannehill: the forgotten quarterback". Fox News Channel. August 27, 2013. Retrieved November 11, 2014.