Md. Sabur Khan
|Alma mater||Jahangirnagar University|
|Occupation||Chairman, Board of Trustees, Daffodil International University|
Md. Sabur Khan (born 23 January 1965) is a businessman of Bangladesh. He was the chairman of Bangladesh Computer Samity (BCS) from 2002 to 2003. On 29 December 2012, he became the chairman of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DCCI). He started his business career as an ICT businessman in the decades of 90. He was also the director of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce from 2004 to 2006. Besides, he also performed his duty as a member of ICT task-force from 2002 to 2003. At the same time he continued his duty in Islamic Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Asian University Presidents' Forum and also in other International organizations. He is the founder and chairman of Board of Directors in Daffodil International University. He has been elected as a member of Board of Directors in the World Information Technology and Service Alliance (WITSA). He received the status of 'Commercially Important Person’ (CIP) from the Government of Bangladesh. Khan is the elected 2nd Vice-President of Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP). He is attached as the Visiting Professor with different foreign universities. World Business Angels Investment Forum (WBAF), the largest Angel investors forum designated him as the High-Commissioner of WBAF for Bangladesh.
Biography[change | change source]
Sabur Khan was born at 23 January 1965 in Chandpur district. His father Md. Yunus Khan. Sabur Khan passed HSC exam from Chandpur Govt. College and complete masters from Jahangirnagar University. He determined to contribute his knowledge, experience and strength in IT & Education area. During his 30 years of career, Mr. Khan has established different wings, under the large shade of Daffodil Family; like: Daffodil Computers Ltd., Daffodil Software Ltd., Web & E-Commerce, Multimedia Ltd., skill.jobs, Daffodil Business Incubator, Daffodil Japan IT, Cardio Care Specialized & General Hospital, Newtec Pharmaceutical Ltd, Bangladesh Venture Capital Limited, Computer Clinic, Daffodil Foundation, Daffodil Institute of Social Sciences etc. He also established wings like, International Professional Training Institute, Bangladesh Skill Development Institute, Daffodil Institute of IT, dmission.ac, Daffodil Polytechnic Institute, Daffodil Industrial Innovation Park, Daffodil Technical Institute, Daffodil International Academy, Daffodil International School, Daffodil International College & Daffodil International University. Khan initiated a challenging project to create 2000 new entrepreneurs, written & published several books in two languages. He has initiated Startup Market, Startup Bangladesh, Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Guidance Program (EGP), Industrial and Innovation Park, Enterprise Competitiveness Institute (ECI), Makers’ Lab, Startup Market & Lab, Startup Restaurant & Café, Makers Lab, Startup Grind, Young Women Entrepreneurs Forum, Are you the next Startup, Entrepreneurship Development Fund, etc. Under his leadership, HULT, Global Money Week, TeDx Daffodil, Startup Huddle, Get In The Ring, Daffodil ICT Carnival, and Global Entrepreneurship Network, DCCI E2K project, Global Entrepreneurship Summer Camp, International Social Business Summer Program, Global Entrepreneurship Research Network, Global Entrepreneurship Camp (GEC) and Global Entrepreneurship Week are organized in Daffodil International University.
Awards[change | change source]
- Financial Mirror Business Award, (2002)
- SouthEast Bank-The Industry Award, (2001)
- Amar Ekushay Gold Medal, (2000)
- The Mission Welfare Trust Award, (2012)
- World Quality Commitment Gold Medal, (2010), a vanity award
- World Human Rights Medal, (2005)
- Language Shaheed Memorial Medal, (2005)
- Shaheed Zia Memorial Medal, (2003)
- Mowlona Vashani Memorial Medal, (2002)
- Freedom Forum Award, 2002
- Nation Builder Award, (2013) 
- The daily star ICT business person of the year 2018
- Light of Asia awards
- World Congress of IT (WCIT) 2017 Merit Award
- Asian's most inspiring nation builder
- WITSA awards for ICT and Entrepreneurship
- ASOCIO ICT Award
- Outstanding Global Entrepreneur Award
- Global Inclusion Awards
References[change | change source]
- "Bangladesh Computer Society".
- "Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry". dcci.org.bd. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "Sabur Khan is the new chairman of Dhaka Chamber". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Mr. Md. rifat Khan is new President of DCCI". banglanews24.com. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Daffodil International University".
- "Witsa.org" (PDF).
- 'ঢাকা চেম্বারকে প্রযুক্তি নির্ভর ব্যবসায়ী সংগঠনে পরিণত করব'. The Daily Ittefaq (in Bengali). 5 December 2012.
- Nation Builder Award DCCI President. dhakatimes24.com (in Bengali). 23 November 2013.