This article needs to be wikified. (December 2018)
|Region||Jharkhand, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Odisha|
|5.1 million (2011 census) |
Census results conflate some speakers with Hindi.
|Devanagari, Kaithi, Eastern Nagari, Latin|
sck – Sadri
sdr – Oraon Sadri
Sadri (also Nagpuri) is an Indo-Aryan language spoken in the Indian states of Jharkhand, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Odisha. It is the native language of the Sadaan, an ethino-linguistic group of the of Chota Nagpur region. In addition to native speaker, Sadri is also used as a lingua-fraca by large number of tribal groups such as: Kharia, Munda, Bhumij, Kurukh and many of these tribal group have adopted Sadri as their first language. It spoken by many Tea-tribes of Assam, West Bengal and Bangladesh.
Script[change | change source]
Geographical Distribution[change | change source]
Nagpuri language is chiefly spoken in western Chota Nagpur Plateau region of west-central Jharkhand in districts such as Latehar, Lohardaga, Chatra, Palamu, Garhwa, Gumla, Simdega, Ranchi, Khunti, West Singhbhum North-east Chhattisgarh in district Jashpur, Surguja, Balrampur, South-east Uttar Pradesh in Sonbhadra, Northern Odisha in Sundargarh and south-west Bihar in Aurangabad district. 
Alternate names[change | change source]
Alternate names of dialects include: Sadani, Sadana, Sadati, Sadari, Sadhan, Sadna, Sadrik, Santri, Siddri, Sradri, Sadhari, Sadan, Nagpuria, Nagpuri, Chota Nagpuri, Dikku Kaji, Gawari, Ganwari, Goari, Gauuari, Jharkhandhi.
References[change | change source]
- "Statement 1: Abstract of speakers' strength of languages and mother tongues - 2011". www.censusindia.gov.in. Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-12-20. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Sadri". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-11-27. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-13-20. Retrieved 2018-12-20. Check date values in:
- "Sadri (Language code 'sck')". Global Recordings Network. Archived from the original on 2018-12-20. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Oraon Sadri (Language code 'sdr')". Global Recordings Network. Archived from the original on 2018-12-20. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Ethnologue report for language code: sck". Ethnologue. Archived from the original on 2018-12-20. Retrieved 2018-12-20.