Salem, New Jersey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Salem is a city in Salem County, in the U.S. state of New Jersey. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city's population was 5,146. It is the county seat of Salem County, the state's most rural county.
References[change | change source]
- Table 7. Population for the Counties and Municipalities in New Jersey: 1990, 2000 and 2010 Archived May 20, 2013, at the Wayback Machine, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, February 2011. Accessed August 17, 2012.
- New Jersey County Map, New Jersey Department of State. Accessed July 10, 2017.
- Walsh, Daniel. "History and nature to merge on byway / Officials unveil scenic bayshore route for drivers", The Press of Atlantic City, July 23, 2009. Accessed November 29, 2011. "The county has rolled out an advertising campaign that includes radio, print and television commercials, along with a new Web site, and county leaders have sought to sell outsiders on New Jersey's least-populated and most-rural county."
- Hutchinson, Viola L. The Origin of New Jersey Place Names, New Jersey Public Library Commission, May 1945. Accessed September 30, 2015.
- Gannett, Henry. The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States, p. 272. United States Government Printing Office, 1905. Accessed September 30, 2015.