Under construction in September 2017
|Former names||Transbay Tower|
|Preceded by||Transamerica Pyramid|
|Type||Commercial offices, retail|
|Location||415 Mission Street|
San Francisco, California
|Opening||January 8, 2018|
|Owner||Boston Properties (95%)|
Hines Interests LP (5%)
|Height||1,070 ft (326 m)|
|Floor area||1,600,000 sq ft (150,000 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects|
|Engineer||Magnusson Klemencic Associates|
|Main contractor||Clark Construction Group /|
Hathaway Dinwiddie (joint venture)
Salesforce Tower, formerly known as the Transbay Tower, is a 1,070-foot (326 m) office skyscraper in the South of Market district of downtown San Francisco. The building has a mix of office, transportation, retail, and residential uses.
Upon its completion in 2018 it became the tallest skyscraper in the San Francisco skyline, with a top roof height of 970 feet (296 m) and overall height of 1,070 feet (326 m), surpassing the 853 feet (260 m) Transamerica Pyramid. It is also the second-tallest building west of the Mississippi River after the 1,100 feet (335 m) Wilshire Grand in Los Angeles.
Awards[change | change source]
On 10 April 2019, the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) named Salesforce Tower as the “Best Tall Building in the World" for the year 2019. It was celebrated at the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, China.
References[change | change source]
- "Salesforce Tower - Clark Construction". Clark Construction Group, LLC.
- "Project Description: 101 First Street (Transbay Tower)" (PDF). San Francisco Planning Commission. October 4, 2012. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- Salesforce Tower at Emporis
- Salesforce Tower at SkyscraperPage
- Salesforce Tower in the Structurae database
- "Pelli Clarke Pelli Transbay Tower Description". Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- King, John (August 12, 2007). "Plan B: Architects: Pelli Clarke Pelli". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved September 23, 2007.
- "LA vs SF in Battle for Tallest Building". January 26, 2015. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- "CTBUH Names 2019 Best Tall Building Worldwide, Among 20 Other Award Winners!". tallinnovation2019.com. April 10, 2019. Archived from the original on June 22, 2019. Retrieved May 29, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Cogley, Bridget (April 12, 2019). "CTBUH names San Francisco's Salesforce Tower world's "best tall building". www.dezeen.com. Archived from the original on June 22, 2019. Retrieved May 29, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter