Sammy Lee (diver)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He was also the first man to win gold medals "back-to-back" in Olympic platform diving. This means he won a second gold medal for the same event in the next Olympics, in 1952.
References[change | change source]
- Steve Almasy: After 60 years, Olympians are fast friends again, CNN.com, 22 Aug 2008
- "Diving Legend Sammy Lee Passes Away At Age 96", Swimming World, December 3, 2016, https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/diving-legend-sammy-lee-passes-away/
Other websites[change | change source]
- Sammy Lee on hickoksports.com
- Sixteen Years in Sixteen Seconds: The Sammy Lee Story written by Paula Yoo, illustrated by Dom Lee, (LEE & LOW BOOKS, 2005), ISBN 978-1-58430-247-6. The inspirational true story of Sammy Lee, a Korean American who overcame discrimination to realize both his father’s desire that he become a doctor and his own dream of becoming an Olympic champion diver.
- Sammy Lee's profile at Sports Reference.com