Samvel Karapetyan (author)
Samvel Karapetian (Armenian: Սամվել Կարապետյան; 30 July 1961 – 27 February 2020) was an Armenian historian, researcher, author, and expert of medieval architecture. His works were on the study of the historical monuments of Armenia, Nagorno Karabakh and other regions of the Southern Caucasus.
He surveyed and catalogued thousands of artifacts of Armenian history and architecture. Karapetyan was head of the Yerevan branch of the NGO Research on Armenian Architecture (RAA). Karapetyan was also known as an outspoken critic of the treatment of Armenian monuments in Turkey. He presented his findings to United States Congress in 2007 and to the European Court of Human Rights in 2008.
References[change | change source]
- Noyan Tapan (July 1, 2002). "Armenian intellectuals blast "barbaric" destruction of Nakhichevan monuments". Monitoring Trans Caucasus Unit BBC Monitoring Trans Caucasus Unit. (Web link).
- Tapan, Noyan (July 1, 2002), "Armenia accuses Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan of destroying historical monuments", BBC Monitoring Trans Caucasus Unit
- "US Congressmen presented facts of demolition of ancient Armenian khachkars in Old Jugha by Azeri troops", ARMINFO News Agency, November 28, 2007
- "European Court for Human Rights notes a claim for recognizing Azerbaijan guilty in desecration of khachkars in Old Jugha", ARMINFO News Agency, November 26, 2008
- "Annual awarding of Presidential Prize took place in Yerevan today", ARMINFO News Agency, June 18, 2007
- «Դավանել հայ առաքելական եկեղեցի՝ նշանակում է փորել սեփական գերեզմանը». religions.am (in Armenian). 3 April 2014. Archived from the original on 2 November 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.