Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1st President of Barbados|
|Assumed office |
30 November 2021
|Prime Minister||Mia Mottley|
|Preceded by||Position established|
Elizabeth II (as Queen of Barbados)
|8th Governor-General of Barbados|
8 January 2018 – 30 November 2021
|Prime Minister||Freundel Stuart|
|Preceded by||Philip Greaves (acting)|
|Succeeded by||Position abolished|
Sandra Prunella Mason
17 January 1949
Saint Philip, Barbados
|Education||University of the West Indies, Cave Hill (LLB)|
Hugh Wooding Law School (LEC)
Dame Sandra Prunella Mason, GCMG, DA, QC (born 17 January 1949) is a Barbadian politician. She is the 1st and current President of Barbados since 2021. In January 2018, she became the Governor-General of Barbados.
Career[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "New G-G named". Barbados Advocate. 2017-12-28. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "Sandra Mason to be new Governor General". www.nationnews.com. 2017-12-27. Retrieved 2022-03-26.
- "Congrats to the new GG". www.nationnews.com. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "New Governor General Dame Sandra Mason installed". www.nationnews.com. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "Governor General Dame Sandra named first president-elect". Loop Barbados. Retrieved 21 October 2021.
- Deane, Sandy (2017-12-27). "Justice Sandra Mason is Barbados' New GG". Barbados Today. Archived from the original on 2017-12-28. Retrieved 2017-12-28.