Santa Ana, California
City of Santa Ana
Location in Orange County, California
|• Mayor||Miguel A. Pulido|
|• Total||27.39 sq mi (70.95 km2)|
|• Land||27.15 sq mi (70.31 km2)|
|• Water||0.25 sq mi (0.64 km2) 0.90%|
|Elevation||115 ft (35 m)|
|• Density||7,126/sq mi (2,751.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
Santa Ana is a city in California. It is the county seat and has the most people of any city in Orange County. It is the 53rd biggest city in the United States. In 2007, 339,555 people lived in Santa Ana, and it is guessed that the city had 355,662 people living there in 2009. The city was founded in 1869. It is in Southern California on the Santa Ana River, 10 miles (16 km) away from the ocean. The 2000 United States Census said that Santa Ana has the 4th most dense population of US cities with more than 300,000 people.
Santa Ana is part of the Greater Los Angeles Area.
References[change | change source]
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jun 28, 2017.
- "Table 1: Annual Estimates of the Population for Incorporated Places Over 100,000, Ranked by July 1, 2007 Population: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2007" (CSV). 2007 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2008-07-10. Retrieved 2008-07-10. Check date values in:
- "E-1 Population Estimates for Cities, Counties and the State with Annual Percent Change — January 1, 2008 and 2009". California Department of Finance. 2009-05. Archived from the original on 2009-05-03. Retrieved 2009-05-02. Check date values in:
- "2000 Census: US Municipalities Over 50,000: Ranked by 2000 Density". Demographia. Retrieved June 14, 2009.
- "The Santa Ana Winds". people.atmos.ucla.edu.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santa Ana, California.|