Sayaun Thunga Phulka
|Made of Hundreds of Flowers|
|National anthem of||Nepal|
Sayaũ Thũgā Phūlkā (सयौं थुँगा फूलका), Nepali for "Made of Hundreds of Flowers", has been the national anthem of Nepal since August 2007, replacing "Rāṣṭriya Gān" after a change in regime. The lyrics (words) were written by Byākul Māilā and the music was composed by Amber Gurung.
Lyrics[change | change source]
Nepali original[change | change source]
|Devanagari||Nepali Latin script||IPA transcription|
𝄆 सयौं थुँगा फूलका हामी, एउटै माला नेपाली
𝄆 Sayaũ thũgā phūlkā hāmī, euṭai mālā Nepālī
𝄆 [sʌjʌũ t̪ʰũɡa pʰulka ɦami ǀ eut̠ʌi mala nepali]
English translations[change | change source]
|Literal translation||Singable, poetic translation|
𝄆 Woven from hundreds of flowers, we are one garland that's Nepali
𝄆 Woven from hundred flowers, we are garland Nepali
Trivia[change | change source]
- In August 2016, this anthem is #3 in BBC's list of Rio 2016: The most amazing national anthems due to its joyous tune and musical differences compared with other anthems.
References[change | change source]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070927023024/http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?nid=117987 Govt makes National Anthem public. eKantipur.com. 3 August 2007. Archived 29 September 2007.
- https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Republic_or_Death.html?id=GeasCAAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y Marshall, Alex (2015). Republic or Death! Travels in Search of National Anthems. London: Random House Books. pp. 33–63. ISBN 9781847947413. The Maoists...when they did finally agree peace, deciding to work within the political system after the public started protesting against the king in Kathmandu, one of their terms was that the anthem be changed.
- https://www.nationalanthems.info/np.htm Archived 2019-11-18 at the Wayback Machine Nepal. nationalanthems.info. Kendall, David.
- https://www.pariwartankhabar.com/2018/12/25/64874/ ‘व्याकुल माईला’ को एउटै मालामा अटिएका हामी नेपाली
- https://www.bbc.com/nepali/news/story/2007/08/printable/070803_national_anthem.shtml गुञ्जियो नयाँ राष्ट्रिय गान – BBCNepali.com, 2007
- Dowling Club Overseas Trip Fellowship Report, Nepal (April 5-14th, 2019), By Dr. Nav Paul
- "National Anthem of Nepal, Sayaun Thunga Phool Ka". Archived from the original on 2018-08-13. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- https://myrepublica.nagariknetwork.com/news/3513/ Nepal's national anthem third in 'The most amazing national anthems'of world. list. Republica. 9 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.