Scanner may refer to:
Technology[change | change source]
- Scanner (radio), for searching for and receiving radio broadcasts
- Image scanner, which digitizes a two-dimensional image
- 3D scanner, which digitizes the three-dimensional shape of a real object
- Neutron scanner, a scanner which utilizes neutrons to penetrate objects for analysis
- Port scanner, in computer networking
- Virus scanner (Antivirus)
- Vulnerability scanner, a computer program that probes for weaknesses
- Barcode reader, which reads the data encoded in a barcode
- Lexical analyzer, a computer program
- Stepper, a part of the photolithography process
- A rotating radar antenna
- An outside broadcasting control vehicle
- An automotive electronic control unit diagnostic tool
- An automated spotlight
- A biometric scanner, an electronic device with a sensor to read patterns or images from faces, irises and finger pads to create a biological template or profile
- WikiScanner, a tool that provides a searchable database of anonymous Wikipedia edits
Popular culture[change | change source]
- Scanner (comics), a mutant appearing primarily in X-Men comics.
- Scanner (band), a German speed metal band
- Scanners (band), an alternative band from London
- Scanner, the stage name of British electronic musician Robin Rimbaud
- Scanner (Code Lyoko), a fictional teleportation device
- Scanner (Half-Life), a floating enemy in the Half-Life video game series
- Scanners Live in Vain, a science fiction short story by Cordwainer Smith
- A Scanner Darkly, a science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick
- Scanners, a 1981 science fiction horror film
- In much science fiction, especially older science fiction, the term scanner is used to refer to what is usually now termed a computer monitor.
Other[change | change source]
- A personality type described by self-help author Barbara Sher
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.