|Full name||Sportclub Schwarz-Weiß Bregenz|
|Founded||1919 as FC Bregenz, dissolved 2005|
SC Schwarz-Weiß Bregenz is an Austrian football club from Vorarlbergs capital Bregenz.
History[change | change source]
The club was founded in 1919 under the name FC Bregenz. The club colours were black and white. Till 1927 they only played friendly matches versus teams from Germany and Switzerland. In 1927 they played for the first time in Vorarlbergs league. Already 1928 they became Vorarlbergs champion. 1938, after the occupation of Austria by Nazi Germany they formed with other teams from the region the Bezirksklasse Bodensee-Vorarlberg. Due to the Second World War the league was dissolved in 1942.
After the War FC Bregenz was refounded under the name SC Schwarz-Weiß Bregenz. They reached the highest level of Austrian football, the Staatsliga,for the first time in 1954 but was relegated the same season. Till 1999 the club played under different names in the second level of Austrians league. 1999 they were promoted to the Austrian Bundesliga, where they played till the 2004/05 season. At this time they were relegated to the Erste Liga, the second level. Due to financial problems they could not get the licence and the club declare bankruptcy. For the young players a new club was founded, SC Bregenz. Although it is legally a new club the supporters saw it as replacement of the old club. Since 2007 this club plays in the Regionalliga West (3rd level).
Honours[change | change source]
- 12x Champion of Vorarlberg:1928 as FC Bregenz, 1947, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1956, 1957, 1964, 1966, 1970 as Schwarz-Weiß Bregenz
- 9x Champion of the second level of the league system:1951, 1952, 1954, 1956, 1957 (Arlbergliga), 1966, 1970, 1972 (Regionalliga West), 1999 (Erste Division)
- 1x Champion of the third level:1996 (Regionalliga West)
- 1x Vorarlberg Cup(women):2005
- Bundesliga: 5th in the 2003/04 season.