It is sold worldwide under three different brands with respective model names:
- Toyota 86 in Asia, South Africa, North America (from August 2016), South America and Australia; GT86 in Europe; New Zealand; FT86 in Nicaragua and Jamaica;
- Subaru BRZ worldwide;
- Scion FR-S in the US and Canada. After August 2016, the Scion FR-S will be renamed as the Toyota 86.
References[change | change source]
- "The 86 - Toyota's new rear wheel drive sports car". Australia: Toyota. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Scion Brand to Transition to Toyota" (Press release). USA: Toyota. 2016-02-03. Archived from the original on 2016-10-24. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- Bruce, Chris (2016-03-17). "More powerful 2017 Toyota 86 takes over for the Scion FR-S". Autoblog. Retrieved 2016-03-17.