Sean Parker (born December 3, 1979) is an American entrepreneur, internet programmer and philanthropist. He is the co-founder of the file-sharing computer service Napster, and serving as the first president of the social networking website Facebook. He also co-founded Plaxo, Causes, Airtime.com, and Brigade, an online platform for civic engagement.
|Born||December 3, 1979|
Herndon, Virginia, U.S.
|Education||Oakton High School|
Chantilly High School
|Known for||Managing Partner at The Founders Fund|
Co-founder of Plaxo, Napster, Airtime, and Causes
President of Facebook
Chairman of the Parker Foundation
|Net worth||US$2.6 billion (August 2017)|
|Board member of||Spotify|
Alexandra Lenas (m. 2013)
Early life[change | change source]
Parker was born in Herndon, Virginia, United States. When Parker was seven, his father taught him how to program on an Atari 800. Parker's father, who put his family before his entrepreneurial dreams, told Parker "if you are going to take risks, take them early before you have a family." At his teenager, Parker's hobbies were hacking and programming. One night, while hacking into the network of a Fortune 500 company, Parker was unable to log out after his father confiscated his computer keyboard. Because his IP address was exposed, F.B.I. agents tracked down the 16-year-old. Since Parker was under 18, he was sentenced to community service, and this make him to feel he will someone in future.
References[change | change source]
- "Sean Parker: Agent Of Disruption". Forbes. September 9, 2017. Archived from the original on September 9, 2017. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- Kirkpatrick, David. "With a Little Help From His Friends". Vanity Fair. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- Vascellaro, Jessica E. (April 16, 2009). "Firm Lets Others Choose Start-Ups". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- "Sean Parker biography". The Biography Channel. Archived from the original on December 2, 2018. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Sean Parker - Forbes". Forbes. Archived from the original on August 12, 2017. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- "Yammer Board of Directors and Management". Yammer. Archived from the original on July 18, 2011.