|Created by||Larry David|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||180 (including two-part episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Larry David|
|Running time||21 minutes (syndication),|
22 minutes (original)
|Original release||July 4, 1990 –|
May 13, 1999
Seinfeld is an American situation comedy television series created by Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David, and ran from 1989 to 1998.
The show is about four friends in New York City living their day-to-day lives. This show follows a strict policy of "no hugging, no learning" which means the episodes do not end with characters learning a lesson or feature any dramatic scenes such as fighting, arguing, or crying which is why the series is joked about being the "show about nothing".
People[change | change source]
Main Characters[change | change source]
- Jerry Seinfeld (played by himself) - The main protagonist of the show. He is a comedian. He lives in a rented apartment in New York City. Jerry always gets into strange situations and funny events with his friends.
- George Costanza (played by Jason Alexander) - A real estate agent, Jerry's best friend. He is very neurotic and always afraid that nobody likes him.
- Elaine Bennes (played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus) - Elaine is Jerry's ex-girlfriend. But they are still friends and always spend time together. Elaine always has trouble finding a good boyfriend.
- Cosmo Kramer (played by Michael Richards) - He lives in the apartment next to Jerry's. Kramer is very tall and his hair always stands upwards. He is a strange sort of person and always has ideas nobody else has.
Recurring Characters[change | change source]
- Newman (played by Wayne Knight) - The main antagonist of the show who's a very close friend of Kramer, but he and Jerry almost never get along with Newman trying to take Jerry down. Newman is a lazy mailman who works for the United States Postal Service.
- Susan Ross (Heidi Swedberg) - George's girlfriend in season 4 and his fiancée in season 7. George hates being with her.
- Frank and Estelle Costanza (Jerry Stiller, Estelle Harris, and John Randoplh) - George's parents, whom he hates.
- Morty Seinfeld (Barney Martin) - Jerry's father.
DVDs[change | change source]
- Seasons 1 & 2
- Season 3
- The Regift Edition Boxed Set
Other websites[change | change source]
- 1990 American television series debuts
- 1999 American television series endings
- 1990s American comedy television series
- American sitcoms
- Emmy Award winning programs
- Golden Globe Award winning programs
- NBC network shows
- Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Television series set in New York City
- English-language television programs