|Born||Selena Marie Gomez|
July 22, 1992
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Early life[change | change source]
Gomez's parents divorced when she was only five, with Gomez staying with her mother. Gomez had a close relationship with her grandparents as a child, who said that they "raised her" up until she found success in the entertainment industry. She appeared in various pageants while she was growing up.
Gomez has two siblings. Her sister, Gracie Elliot Teefey, was born to Amanda and Brian Teefey on June 12, 2013. Gomez has a second sister, Victoria Gomez, born to Ricardo and Sara Gomez on June 25, 2014. She earned a high school diploma through homeschooling in May 2010.
Acting career[change | change source]
Gomez was first featured on the children's television series Barney & Friends – where she befriended fellow child star and singer Demi Lovato – in the early 2000s. In 2007, she came to prominence after being cast in the Disney Channel television series Wizards of Waverly Place. She portrayed the starring character, Alex Russo, until its conclusion in 2012. Gomez entered the film industry with star billings in feature films including Ramona and Beezus (2010), Monte Carlo (2011), Hotel Transylvania (2012), The Big Short (2015), The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving (2016), Neighbors 2 (2016), and In Dubious Battle (2016).
Singing career[change | change source]
Gomez formed her band Selena Gomez & the Scene after signing a recording contract with Hollywood Records in 2008; they released the studio albums Kiss & Tell (2009), A Year Without Rain (2010), and When the Sun Goes Down (2011) before beginning a hiatus in 2012. The band was known for singles such as "Naturally", "Round & Round", "Who Says", and "Love You like a Love Song".
In July 2013, Gomez released her solo debut album Stars Dance (2013). It featured the top-ten single "Come & Get It" and another single, "Slow Down". A greatest-hits album, For You, was released on November 24, 2014, and included the single "The Heart Wants What It Wants". Gomez released her second solo album Revival in 2015, featuring the top-ten singles "Good for You" (featuring rapper A$AP Rocky) and "Hands to Myself". In 2017, she released a single with rapper Gucci Mane called "Fetish".
Personal life[change | change source]
Gomez was in an on-and-off relationship with Canadian singer Justin Bieber from 2011 until 2014.
In 2017, she was in a relationship with Canadian singer-songwriter The Weeknd. They split that October.
Gomez required a kidney transplant as a result of her lupus diagnosis. Her close friend, actress Francia Raisa, donated her own kidney to Gomez in summer 2017. After the transplant, one of Gomez' arteries flipped inside of her, which required emergency surgery.
References[change | change source]
- "Nike Yeezy Roshe Boost 350 Licence Noir Personnalisé - acheter en ligne". www.selenagomezcenter.fr.
- "Celebrity Central - Selena Gomez: Snapshot". People Magazine. Retrieved January 30, 2009.
Birth Date July 22, 1992 Birth Place Grand Prairie, Texas
- "Selena Gomez Biography". biography.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- Olly Richards (July 14, 2013). "The wonderful world of Selena Gomez". The Guardian. London. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- Nelson, Robin (2012). Selena Gomez: Pop Star and Actress. Minneapolis: Lerner Publications. p. 9. ISBN 9781467700979. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- Natalie Finn (June 13, 2013). "Selena Gomez Has a Baby Sister! Demi Lovato Congratulates Singer and Mom Mandy on New Arrival". E! News. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Gomez, Selena (June 14, 2013). "Momma, Brian, and me are all so grateful for all your well wishes. My lil sissy Gracie Elliot Teefey was born on June 12th. Luv you all XO". Twitter.
- "Selena Gomez Has Another Baby Sister". Disneydreaming.com. Archived from the original on December 16, 2014. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Selena Gomez Graduates High School – On Screen & Off | Access Hollywood – Celebrity News, Photos & Videos. Access Hollywood (May 12, 2010). Retrieved November 17, 2010.
- For You by Selena Gomez on Apple Music, November 24, 2014, retrieved December 29, 2017
- "Jelena Isn't Alone: Hollywood Couples Who Just Can't Quit Each Other". E! Online. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "Selena Gomez & Francia Raisa Talk Kidney Transplant on Today". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved December 29, 2017.