Twain at the 2011 Juno Awards in March 2011
Eilleen Regina Edwards
August 28, 1965
|Other names||Eilleen Twain (1967–92)|
|Net worth||US $350 million|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
Robert John "Mutt" Lange (m. 1993–2010)
Frédéric Thiébaud (m. 2011)
Shania Twain OC (born Eilleen Regina Edwards; August 28, 1965, in Timmins, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian singer-songwriter and record producer. She was married a long time to music producer Mutt Lange. She is very successful in the country and pop music genres. She had a residency show at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, in late 2012.
Her 1995 album The Woman in Me brought her fame. Her 1997 album Come On Over became the bestselling album of all time by a female musician in any genre and the bestselling country album of all time. It has sold more than 40 million copies worldwide.
In 2017, she released the album Now, her first in 15 years. She wrote and co-produced all of the songs. It entered at the top of the charts in Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US, where it opened with 137,000 combined copies and streams.
Personal life[change | change source]
Twain married music producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange on December 28, 1993. They have a son, Eja (pronounced "Asia") D'Angelo, who was born on August 12, 2001. On May 15, 2008, a spokesperson for Mercury Nashville said that Twain and Lange were separating. This was after Lange allegedly had an affair with Twain's best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud. Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010. On December 20, 2010, Twain's manager said that Twain was engaged to Swiss Frédéric Thiébaud (the ex-husband of her former best friend), an executive at Nestlé. They married on January 1, 2011, in Rincón, Puerto Rico.
Awards and honours[change | change source]
In addition to the awards for her singles and albums, Twain has a number of personal honours:
- She was named the 1999 Entertainer of the Year by both the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association. Twain was the first non-US citizen to win the CMA award.
- Twain was ranked No.7 in Country Music Television's 40 Greatest Women of Country Music in 2002.
- In 2003, Twain was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame.
- The city of Timmins (in Ontario, Canada) renamed a street for her, gave her the key to the city, and built the Shania Twain Centre in her honour.
- On November 18, 2005, Twain became an Officer of the Order of Canada.
- Twain was added to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame at the Juno Awards on March 27, 2011.
- On June 2, 2011, Twain received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Her star is the 2,442nd Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the Category of Recording.
Discography[change | change source]
Twain has released thirty-five singles from four studio albums, one greatest hits album, and one soundtrack album.
Studio albums[change | change source]
Singles[change | change source]
1993–99[change | change source]
2000–17[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Shania Twain: dating, tattoos, smoking & body measurements - 2019". Taddlr.
- RIAA Top 100 Albums, Riaa.com, retrieved October 1, 2009
- Harris, Bill (November 7, 2005). "Biopic looks at Twain's early years". Jam!. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- Twain, Shania, Atria Books Inks Deal for Shania Twain Memoir, Shania Twain website, retrieved January 19, 2011
- Hung, Steffen. "australian-charts.com - Shania Twain - Now". australian-charts.com. Retrieved February 25, 2018.
- "Shania Twain Now Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved February 25, 2018.
- "Scoop: For Shania Twain, an Eja Minor". People.com. December 3, 2001. Retrieved March 13, 2012.
- Shania Twain, Mutt Lange Separating After 14 Years They are now getting a divorce.
- MSN news Retrieved on May 16, 2008.
- Julie Dam (June 10, 2010). "Shania Twain Is Officially Divorced – and 'Radiantly Happy'". People. Retrieved June 11, 2010.
- "Shania Twain Engaged to Frederic Thiebaud". Cmt.com. December 20, 2010. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- Chiu, Alexis. "Shania's Broken Heart", People magazine, June 9, 2008
- "Twain gets married Saturday". Country Standard Time. January 2, 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2011.
- Holly George Warren.Shania Twain 2
- "2011 Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities: Past Winners," PETA.org, accessed February 29, 2012.
- "It's Official – There is a Shania Twain Autobiography Book Deal". September 22, 2010.
- "News". Shaniatwain.com. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- The Greatest: 40 Greatest Women of Country Music, Cmt.com, retrieved October 1, 2009
- "Shania Twain in Canada's Walk of Fame".
- Shania Twain Centre, Shaniatwaincenter.com, retrieved October 1, 2009
- CTV, Ctv.ca, November 18, 2005, retrieved October 1, 2009
- "News". Shaniatwain.com. Retrieved October 1, 2011.
- "Shania Twain debuts 'Life's About To Get Good' in comeback set at Stagecoach 2017". Desert Sun. Retrieved April 30, 2017.