Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmed
|Assumed office |
24 February 2019
|Born||22 March 1939|
Kanthapuram, Kozhikode District, Kerala, India.
|Children||Abdul Hakeem Azhari|
|Father||Mouthariyil Ahmad Haji|
|Residence||Kanthapuram near Poonoor Kozhikode District|
|Education||Baqiyat Salihat Arabic College|
|Occupation||Chancellor of Markaz and Secretary-General of the All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama|
|Known for||Islamic Scholarship and education leadership|
Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmed (born 22 March 1939 in Kerala, India) also known as Kanthapuram A.P Aboobacker Musliyar (Kāntapuraṃ Ě.pi. Abūbakkar Musliyār) in Kerala, He is the leader of Sunni Muslims in India. He is the General Secretary of the All India Muslim Scholars Association (All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama), Founder and Chancellor of Markaz University, Kerala. He is also chief patron of the Sunni Youth Society and General Secretary, Samastha Kerala Sunni Jamiat Ulema Over the years Sheikh Aboobacker has expressed very conservative views on women's liberties.
[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "أبو بكر أحمد (المسليار)". ويكيبيديا العربية).
- "The 500 Most Influential Muslims : 2011" (PDF). Gwu.edu. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "HRD panel to oversee RTE rollout". The Times Of India. 26 June 2010.
- Updated Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:27 AM IST (2013-11-13). "Home | Muslim |". Manorama Online. Retrieved 2013-11-26.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Education doesn't mean women should have more freedoms: Kerala Muslim leader".
- "Ruthless activities of ISIS 'against Islamic principles'". arabnews.com.
- Staff Reporter. "Kanthapuram calls IS enemy of Islam". The Hindu.
- "Women only fit to deliver children: Indian Muslim leader". The Express Tribune. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
- "Kerala Muslim leader calls gender equality 'un-Islamic'". Hindustan Times. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2016-05-23.