Sheikh Abubakr Ahmad
|Assumed office |
24 February 2019
|Born||22 March 1939|
Kanthapuram, Kozhikode District, Kerala, India.
|Children||Abdul Hakeem Azhari|
|Father||Mouthariyil Ahmad Haji|
|Residence||Kanthapuram near Poonoor, Kozhikode District|
|Education||Baqiyat Salihat Arabic College|
|Occupation||Chancellor of Markaz and Secretary-General of the All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama|
|Known for||Islamic Scholarship and education leadership|
Sheikh Abubakr Ahmad (born 22 March 1939; also known as Kāntapuraṃ Ě.pi. Abūbakkar Musliyār) is Grand Mufti of India. He is the President of the Islamic Community of India, Founder and Chancellor of the Jamia Markaz and General Secretary of the All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama.
[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "أبو بكر أحمد (المسليار)". ويكيبيديا العربية).
- Kumar, Ashwani. "Education is key to peace, says India's Grand Mufti". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- "Kanthapuram elected as new Grand Mufti". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- Feb 27, tnn |; 2019; Ist, 04:54. "Kanthapuram selected Grand Mufti of India | Kozhikode News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- www.thenewsminute.com https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/women-need-not-participate-caa-protests-men-aboobacker-musliyar-stokes-row-116996. Retrieved 2020-02-12. Missing or empty
- "The boys from Kashmir: How a Kerala institute offers peace, and hope, to children from the Valley". The Indian Express. 2019-09-03. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- "Scholars call for embracing message of Islam for peace". Arab News. 2014-12-22. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- MuslimMirror (2019-11-01). "Musliyars from God's own country turn lawyers". Muslim Mirror. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- TwoCircles.net. "All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama opposes Centre's move to categorise OBCs in three groups – TwoCircles.net". Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- "Ruthless activities of ISIS 'against Islamic principles'". arabnews.com.
- Staff Reporter. "Kanthapuram calls IS enemy of Islam". The Hindu.
- "Women only fit to deliver children: Indian Muslim leader". The Express Tribune. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
- "Kerala Muslim leader calls gender equality 'un-Islamic'". Hindustan Times. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2016-05-23.