Skittles are a type of sugar candy printed with the letter "S". They were created in 1974 by the Wrigley Company in England.
Background[change | change source]
Skittles came to America in 1979. The Skittles' slogan "taste the rainbow" came from New York by a company called D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles.
Description[change | change source]
Skittles is a type of chewy fruit-flavored candy. They have a hard outside with a chewy inside and an "s" on one side. Skittles come in many flavors. The original flavors were lime, lemon, grape, orange, and cherry.
Timeline[change | change source]
- 1974- Skittles are first made by company in Britain
- 1979- Skittles came to America
- 1989- New flavors: Tropical skittles and Wild Berry Skittles
- 2000- New flavor: sour skittles
- 2004- Skittles launches its first bubble gum
- 2005- New flavor: Skittles smoothie mix
- 2006- Skittles launches X-treme fruit skittles gum (first limited edition variety)
- 2009- New flavor:Skittles crazy cores
- 2010-New flavor: Skittles Fizzl'd Fruits™
- 2012- New flavor: Riddles
- 2013- New flavor: Dark side skittles
- 2014- New flavor: Skittles desserts
- 2015- New flavor: Orchards