A slot machine (American English), called also fruit machine (British English), the slots (Canadian English), poker machine or "pokies" (slang) (Australian English and New Zealand English) or simply slot (American English), is a casino gambling machine with set of numbers or pictures that after putting money in it and pressing button will randomly spin. The game is popular in Casinos as it is easy and hassle free way to gamble money. If same numbers or pictures will line up - player will win his bet or multiplier of it.[source?]
Slot machines include a currency detector that detects if coins and notes are real ones and what values they have. The machine pays the winning or issue a coupon that will entitle to collecting reward in cash or prizes. In some countries where money gambling is illegal the slot machines can issue free prizes, coupons or vouchers. Slot machines are the most popular gambling method in casinos and are responsible for about 70 percent of the US casino's income.
The first slot machine was invented by Charles Fey of San Francisco, California, U.S.
References[change | change source]
- "The Gaming Act 1968 (Variation of Monetary Limits) Order 2005". Legislation.gov.uk. http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20052776.htm. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Legal Australian Online Casinos - Play Legal, Be Safe". Aristocrat Pokies. http://www.aristocratpokies.net.au/legal-casinos/. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Is it safe to play online slots". Australian pokies. http://www.slidesearchengine.com/slide/is-it-safe-to-play-online-slots. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Online slot". www.onlineslotsdirectory.com. http://onlineslotsdirectory.com/deuces-wild-video-poker-slot/. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Cooper, Marc (December 2005). "How slot machines give gamblers the business". The Atlantic Monthly Group. https://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200512/slot-machines. Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- "The Reel/Real First Slot Machine". About.com. http://casinogambling.about.com/od/slots/a/charlesfey.htm. Retrieved 22 August 2016.