Yaged was inspired by Benny Goodman. Yaged played clarinet with professional groups for over 70 years, with such musicians as Phil Napoleon, Coleman Hawkins, Red Allen, and Jack Teagarden. He was a movie score consultant for The Benny Goodman Story.
Yaged died on May 16, 2019 in New York City at the age of 96.
Discography[change | change source]
- It Might as Well Be Swing (Herald, 1956)
- Jazz at the Metropole (Philips, 1961)
- One More Time (Lane, 1967)
As sideman[change | change source]
- 1955 Horn o' Plenty, Charlie Shavers
- 1957 Stormy Weather, Red Allen
- 1968 The Music Room, Doug Duke
- 1997 Personal Choice, Jack Teagarden
- 1997 The Tenor for All Seasons: 1958–1959, Coleman Hawkins
- 2005 The Very Best of the Cole Porter Songbook, Cole Porter
References[change | change source]
- Bebco, Joe. "Sol Yaged, New York Clarinetist, has passed at 96". Syncopatedtimes.com. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Sol Yaged | Album Discography | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Sol Yaged | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 4 April 2017.