Somis is an unincorporated community in Ventura County, California. It was created in 1892 by Thomas Bard. Somis is in the Las Posas Valley(p194) on the south bank of Fox Barranca, just west of Arroyo Las Posas. As of 2000, the total population was 2,946.
References[change | change source]
- McCLELLAN, DOUG (October 11, 1992). "Centennial of Somis Is Small Affair : Communities: A walking tour and back-yard party mark today's celebration. The 400 residents call their town an oasis". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "SUBSEQUENT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR FOCUSED GENERAL PLAN UPDATE and Related Amendments to the Non-Coastal Zoning Ordinance and Zone Change ZN05-0008" Archived 2014-05-02 at the Wayback Machine County of Ventura (June 22, 2005)
- "Fox Barranca". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Arroyo Las Posas". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "CA zipcode 93066". DownloadZipcode.com. Archived from the original on February 10, 2005.