Sonia Scurfield, B.A (née Onishenko; September 19, 1928 – June 14, 2018) was a Canadian businesswoman. She was a co-owner of the Calgary Flames hockey team from 1985 to 1994. She became only the second woman, and the only Canadian woman, to have her name engraved on the Stanley Cup when the Calgary Flames won the National Hockey League championship in 1989. She was born in Hafford, Saskatchewan.
References[change | change source]
- Calgary Flames - Team - Calgary Flames History Archived 2009-06-17 at the Wayback Machine
- "Engraving Facts, Firsts & Faux Pas". Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Sonia Scurfield passes away after battle with cancer". Calgary. 15 June 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Photo of Sonia Scurfield with the Stanley Cup
- Stanley Cup Engraving Facts
- "Calgary Flames". Canadian Encyclopaedia.
- Calgary Flames Team History
- The Ultimate Canadian Sports Trivia Book by Edward Zawadzki, page 82