Sonic Lost World
|Sonic Lost World|
Heido Bayashi (3DS)
|Series||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Platform(s)||Wii U, Nintendo 3DS|
Sonic Lost World is an action-adventure platforming video game for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U game consoles. It is part of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It was developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega. It was released on October 18, 2013 in Europe, on October 19, 2013 in Australia, on October 24, 2013 in Japan, and on October 29, 2013 in North America.
The game takes its inspiration from the Genesis-era Sonic games. It has both side-scrolling 2D levels and 3D spherical levels like the ones seen in Super Mario Galaxy. The Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions are separate games with different level designs. The Nintendo 3DS version has local and online multiplayer. It is able to connect with the Wii U version.
References[change | change source]
- "Sega Europe hands Sonic publishing duties to Nintendo | GamesIndustry International". Gamesindustry.biz.
- "TSS @ E3: Takashi Iizuka Interview "Pure Platforming Action"". The Sonic Stadium.
- Sonic: Lost World – Taking a Page From Mario Galaxy. IGN (2013-05-28).
- "Ken Pontac on Lost World's Story". The Sonic Stadium. 2013-08-14.
- "NINTENDO LAUNCHES ANIMAL CROSSING PLAZA ON Wii U". Nintendo Australia Pty. Ltd. Archived from the original on 2019-06-19. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- Jackson, Mike (23 September 2013). "News: Sonic Lost World Trailer Confirms US Delay"". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Future Publishing.
- Hinkle, David. (2013-05-17) Sonic: Lost World features competitive multiplayer, off-screen play on Wii U. Joystiq.