South West Delhi
It is bounded by the districts of West Delhi to the north, Central Delhi to the northeast, New Delhi and South Delhi to the east, Gurgaon District of Haryana state to the south, and Jhajjar District of Haryana to the west. Rajbir Yadav from Chhawla Block Congress Committee is Alderman of South Delhi District of MCD.
It has a population of 2,292,363 (2011 census), and an area of 420 km², with a population density of 5,445 inhabitants per square kilometre. It is the fourth most populous district in Delhi.
Demographics[change | change source]
According to the 2011 census South West Delhi has a population of 2,292,363 roughly equal to the nation of Latvia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 198th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 5,445 inhabitants per square kilometre (14,100/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 30.62%. South West Delhi has a sex ratio of 836 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 88.81%.
References[change | change source]
- "South West District". www.delhi.gov.in. Archived from the original on 4 October 2016. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- "South West District". www.delhi.gov.in. Archived from the original on 15 September 2016. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Latvia 2,204,708 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 23 August 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
New Mexico - 2,059,179