|Release||July 21, 2017|
Splatoon 2 is a 2017 shooter game developed and published by Nintendo on the Nintendo Switch. It is a sequel to Splatoon. A DLC expansion for the game, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion, was released on the Nintendo eShop in 2018.
Gameplay[change | change source]
Splatoon 2 features similar gameplay to the previous entry, with players being able to shoot, jump and hide in ink. Some new weapons were added in as updates.
Plot[change | change source]
The Octarians, an evil race of octopi-like creatures, have stolen power sources called Zapfish from Inkopolis. The main protagonist, Agent 4, is tasked with saving them and stopping the Octarians.
DLC[change | change source]
In 2018, Splatoon 2 received a DLC expansion named Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion. This DLC added new story levels and new gameplay elements, as well as playable Octolings, octopus-like creatures similar to the game's squid-like Inklings.
Gameplay consists of short challenge levels, usually timed, with players being given a specific weapon. They must complete the level with that weapon.
Notes[change | change source]
- Additional development support by Monolith Soft.
References[change | change source]
- Famitsu interview 21 July 2018 (in Japanese)
- 2020 interview with Terumasa Kato (in Japanese)
- 2019 interview with Yosuke Morimoto (in Japanese)
- 2019 interview with Takuya Kobayashi (in Japanese)
- 2019 Interview with Kazuhide Ueda (in Japanese)
- 2019 interview with Kotomi Jin (in Japanese)
- 2016 interview with Mariko Tachibana (in Japanese)
- 2019 interview with Yuki Hamada (in Japanese)
- Famitsu interview 22 July 2018 (in Japanese)