Sriwijaya Air Flight 182
PK-CLC, the aircraft involved in the accident,
in December 2017 (its livery was later changed).
|Date||9 January 2021|
|Summary||Crashed; under investigation|
|Site||Somewhere over Laki Island, Near Thousand Islands, Java Sea |
|Aircraft type||Boeing 737-524|
|IATA flight No.||SJ182|
|ICAO flight No.||SJY182|
|Call sign||SRIWIJAYA 182|
|Flight origin||Soekarno–Hatta International Airport, Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Destination||Supadio International Airport, Pontianak, Borneo / Kalimantan Island, Indonesia|
|Crew||12 (including 6 non-operating crew)|
Sriwijaya Air Flight 182 was a flight that was supposed to go from Jakarta to Pontianak, another city in Indonesia. On 9 January 2021, the flight crashed into the sea four minutes after leaving the airport. There were 62 people on the plane. It is thought that everyone on board was killed.
Flight[change | change source]
The flight was supposed to take off from Soekarno–Hatta International Airport at 13:25 local time and arrive at Supadio International Airport on the island of Java in Pontianak at 15:00 local time. Pontianak is the capital of the province of West Kalimantan and is on the island of Borneo.
The flight took off at 14:36, much later than it was supposed to. Four minutes later, it lost radar contact with people at the airport.
Passengers[change | change source]
There were 62 people on the plane. 50 of them were passengers while 12 of them were crew members.
Search and rescue[change | change source]
People who went to the area found parts of the plane, jet fuel, things that belonged to passengers, and body parts there.
References[change | change source]
- Ranter, Harro. "Photo of Boeing 737-524 (WL) PK-CLC - Aviation Safety Network". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 2021-01-10.
- "Kemenhub: Ada 50 Penumpang dan 12 Kru di Pesawat Sriwijaya Air yang Hilang Kontak". Kompas. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- "Manifest Sriwijaya Air SJ-182: 50 Penumpang, 6 Kru Aktif dan 6 Ekstra Kru". Liputan6. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- "Menhub: Sriwijaya Air SJ182 Angkut 50 Penumpang dan 12 Kru". Kompas. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- "PK-CLC Sriwijaya Air Boeing 737-524(WL)". Planespotters. Archived from the original on 9 January 2021. Retrieved 9 January 2021.