Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: staff.|
Staff may mean:
- Staff (stick), a stick or pole to help with walking, or to use as a weapon.
- Employees, a group of people who work for a firm or other organization.
- Staff (music) (or stave), five horizontal lines used for writing musical notes.
- Staff of office, a stick or pole used for ceremony by someone important.
- Staff (building material), artificial stone product for ornamental uses.
- Staff (military), the people of military command and planning.
- Jacob's staff, a tool used in surveying.
- Quarterstaff, a long pole used as a Medieval weapon.
- Bō, a long stick used as a weapon, usually in Japanese martial arts.
- Leopold Staff (1878–1957), a Polish poet.
- Gun (staff), a weapon in Chinese martial arts.
- staff is a safeworking apparatus used on single track railways.
NB The plural of “staff” is staves. The word stave can also be used as a singular noun to mean:
- a single staff (music).
- a curved wooden member which is used with others to form the side of a barrel.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Staff.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.