||This article may have too many red links. (October 2011)|
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: staff.|
Staff may mean:
- Staff (stick), a stick or pole to help with walking, or to use as a weapon.
- Employees, a group of people who work for a firm or other organization.
- Staff (music) (or stave), five horizontal lines used for writing musical notes.
- Staff of office, a stick or pole used for ceremony by someone important.
- Staff (building material), artificial stone product for ornamental uses.
- Staff (military), the people of military command and planning.
- Jacob's staff, a tool used in surveying.
- Quarterstaff, a long pole used as a Medieval weapon.
- Bō, a long stick used as a weapon, usually in Japanese martial arts.
- Leopold Staff (1878–1957), a Polish poet.
- Gun (staff), a weapon in Chinese martial arts.
- staff is a safeworking apparatus used on single track railways.
NB The plural of “staff” is staves. The word stave can also be used as a singular noun to mean:
- a single staff (music).
- a curved wooden member which is used with others to form the side of a barrel.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.