Savić playing for Montenegro in 2015
|Full name||Stefan Savić|
|Date of birth||8 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Mojkovac, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Savić was born in Mojkovac, which is a town in Montenegro. He started his career in football at the local club, Brskovo, before moving to a bigger team, BSK Borča. After playing with BSK Borča for 2 years, he moved to another football team, FK Partizan. While on Partizan, he won The Double, which is winning a country's top tier tournament and primary cup competition in a single season. After that, he was paid 6 million pounds to join Manchester City, winning the Premier League title in his only year playing on the team. In 2012, he was transferred to Fiorentina, where he played three years. He joined Atlético Madrid in 2015, where he won the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Super Cup.
Club career[change | change source]
Career in Serbia[change | change source]
Savić started his career with BSK Borča on 2008. In 2010, he went to play on the English team, Arsenal, for a 10 day trial. Savić said he agreed to join Arsenal, but he never went to the team again. On August 29, 2010, Savić joined Partizan, and was given the number 15 shirt. He helped the football club win the double.
References[change | change source]
- "Official Atlético de Madrid Website". en.atleticodemadrid.com.
- Only official UEFA matches included
- "Stefan Savić: Fabregas i Aršavin ne glume zvezde". blic.rs. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Savic claims Gunners deal". skysports.com. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "Stefan Savić novo pojačanje Partizana!" (in Serbian). partizan.rs. 29 August 2010. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Stefan Savić at BDFutbol