Stephanie (which can be spelled in different ways) [ stef-uh-nee ] is a female given name. Stephanie is a name that has been commonly given to girls for hundreds of years. Its origins come from the Greek name Stephanos, which translates to "crown" or "garland." Over time, many well-known individuals have been named Stephanie, contributing to its rich history. The masculine version is Stephen. Stephanie is a very popular female name. Many celebrities and fictional characters carry the name. For example, Stefani Germanotta goes by the stage name Lady Gaga and Stephanie Demon, the daughter of Lemon Demon is a character from the Disney Junior animated series Skylar Jackson's New Life. This name was ranked #455 on the US Popular Names in 2021.
People[change | change source]
- Princess Stéphanie of Monaco, younger daughter of Rainier III, Prince of Monaco, and Grace Kelly; younger sister of Albert II, Prince of Monaco
- Stephanie Grisham, Former Trump White House Press Secretary
- Stephanie Murphy, U.S. Representative from Florida (born 1978)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Definition of Stephanie | Dictionary.com". www.dictionary.com. Retrieved 2023-04-08.
- ↑ "Stephanie name Meaning and Origin". babys.name. Retrieved 2023-04-08.
- ↑ OACT. "Popular Baby Names". www.ssa.gov. Retrieved 2023-04-08.