|Single by Edward Maya featuring Vika Jigulina|
|from the album The Stereo Love Show|
(see Release history)
|Format||CD single, CD maxi,|
|Length||4:07 (Album Version)|
3:03 (Radio Edit)
|Label||Play on, Sony-BMG|
|Songwriter(s)||Ilie Alexandru, Eldar Mansurov|
|Producer(s)||Ilie Eduard Marian, Victoria Corneva|
|Edward Maya singles chronology|
"Stereo Love" is a 2008 song recorded by Romanian musician Edward Maya featuring Vika Jigulina, released as his first single in late 2009 from his album The Stereo Love Show. The refrain is from "Bayatılar", composed by Azerbaijani musician Eldar Mansurov. It became a worldwide hit in Nightclubs and rose to the top of Romanian, French, Dutch, Turkish, Finnish, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, and Irish singles charts.
The song and the music video were both included on the compilation NRJ Music Awards 2010. The music video was filmed in Greece, as Edward Maya stated in an interview that Greece "was a place that I fell in love with". In 2011, the song was awarded as top dance song at the Billboard Music Awards.
References[change | change source]
- (in Russian) Azerbaijan Restoring Copyright for the First Time Archived 2011-07-06 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Romanian) Edward Maya, Only Romanian in Billboard Charts: "I Explained They Weren't Greek!"
- "NRJ Music Awards 2010, track listings and charts" (in French). Lescharts. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- "Edward Maya speaks to Beat-Town" (in English and Greek). Beat-Town. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "2011 Billboard Music Awards Winners". Billboard.com. Archived from the original on January 24, 2013. Retrieved October 13, 2011.