Suaad Allami (Arabic: سعاد اللامي) or Suaad Abbas Salman Allami (Arabic: سعاد عباس سلمان العلمي ) is an Iraqi lawyer from Sadr City in Baghdad. In 2009 she received the International Women of Courage Award.  Alami started a women's center in Baghdad with the NGO Women For Progress.  Women for Progress was the first legal clinic for women in Iraq. 
Life[change | change source]
Work[change | change source]
Allami opened the first all female legal clinic in Iraq. She runs five women’s centers in Baghdad. 
Awards[change | change source]
- Allami was named Female Lawyer of the Year by the Iraqi Women's Foundation in 2008. 
- From 2009 to 2010, Allami was the Distinguished Hubert Humphrey Fulbright Fellow at University of Minnesota Law School. 
- She received the Massachusetts Bar Association Public Service award in 2010. 
- In 2014, Allami received the vital voices Global Leadership award. 
References[change | change source]
- "2009 International Women of Courage Award Winner Biographies".
- "Suaad Abbas Salman Allami: A Strong and Credible Advocate - DipNote". 3 May 2016.
- "مركز تقدم من اجل النساء".[permanent dead link]
- Lillian Cunningham (30 June 2014). "Helping women in Iraq". Washington Post.
- "Suaad Allami".
- "Suaad Allami". Archived from the original on 2016-03-17. Retrieved 2016-03-17.