|Born||September 21, 1967|
Mills Area, Biratnagar, Nepal
|Occupation||Poet, lyricist, translator, artist|
|Education||BSc, MBA, BL|
|Notable works||Jeevanko Chheubaata|
Hazaar Aankhaa Yee Aankhaamaa
|Notable awards||SAARC Literary Award 2015 |
SAARC Literary Award 2013
Parikalpna Award 2012
Jayandra Best Book of the Year 2009
|Children||Ojaswee Pokhrel and Mansun Pokhrel|
|Parents||Mukunda Prasad Pokhrel (Father), Bhakta Devi Pokhrel (Mother)|
|Relatives||Bidhyanath Pokhrel (Paternal grandfather)|
Ganesh Prasad Rijal (Maternal grandfather)
Suman Pokhrel (born on September 21, 1967) is a Nepali poet, lyricist, playwright, translator and artist. His poetry is also included in the syllabus of universities.
Suman Pokhrel is the sole writer to receive the SAARC Literary Award twice. He received this award in 2013 and 2015.
Early life[change | change source]
Suman Pokhrel was born on September 21, 1967 in Mills Area, Biratnagar, to Mukunda Prasad Pokhrel and Bhakta Devi Pokhrel.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Suman Pokhrel". Foundation of SAARC Wirters and Literature. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- ↑ K. Satchidanandan & Ajeet Cour, ed. (2011), The Songs We Share, Foundation of SAARC Wirters and Literature, pp. 88, 179, 255, ISBN 978-8188703210
- ↑ Art of Being Human, An Anthology of International Poetry – Volume 9 p.144, 145, Canada Editors- Daniela Voicu & Brian Wrixon, ISBN 9781927682777
- ↑ Ghimire, Madhav (May 26, 2018). "फ्रान्सेली पाखुरामा नेपाली कविता" [Nepali Poetry in French Arm]. kantipurdaily.com. Archived from the original on July 6, 2018. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- ↑ Hindustan Times, New Delhi, Saturday, February 14, 2015
- ↑ 'Five writers honoured at SAARC Literature Festival', Hindustan Times, New Delhi, Monday, 11 March 2013
- ↑ Rai, Deepak (2017). आमाको आशीर्वाद [Mother's Blessings] (M.A.) (in Nepali). Tribhuvan University. p. 27.