Super Elastic Bubble Plastic
Super Elastic Bubble Plastic was the brand name for a children's toy. It was made from the 1970s through the 80s by Wham-O. The bubbles contained polyvinyl acetate dissolved in acetone. They also had ethyl acetate added. The acetone evaporated when the bubbles were inflated through a drinking straw. This left behind a solid plastic film. They were also highly flammable. The product was dangerous to children if spilled. It also gave off noxious fumes. The fumes could become concentrated inside the straw, making it dangerous to inhale through the straw while inflating a bubble. The toy was not recommended for children under 5. Because of these problems, Super Elastic Bubble Plastic was eventually discontinued.