Suphanburi was an ancient province. Researchers found evidence that is over 2500 years old. Artifacts have been found from the Stone Age, Iron Age and successive cultures including the Suwannapoom period, Funan, Aummarawadee and Sriwichai. The old name of Suphanburi was Tarawadeesrisuphannapoom or Phan tumaburi, on a bank of Ta Jeen River. In the Ayuttaya period it was a capital city. Suphanburi was an outpost city and an important granary.
Administration[change | change source]
In the present, Suphanburi is in central Thailand. It’s 108 kilometres away from Bangkok. Its administration is divided into 10 Aumper, 110 communes (tambon), and 997 villages that are.
- Aumper Muang Suphanburi
- Aumper Dan Chang
- Aumper Don Chedi
- Aumper Song Pi Nong
- Aumper Sam Chuk
- Aumper Bang Pla Ma
- Aumper Si Prachan
- Aumper U- Thong
- Aumper Nong Ya Sai
- Aumper Doem Bang Nang Buat
The interesting places in Suphanburi[change | change source]
- Buffalo Villages is at Aumper Sri Prajan. It’s the place that shows about the way of life of Thai people with buffaloes and home stays for visitor at a low prize.
- Samchuk 100 years Market is at Aumper Sam Chuk. It was a Chinese community for a long time. It’s a place that you should visit! Because there are many old things for sale.
- Banharn-Jamsai Tower is at Aumper Muang Suphanburi. From this tower you can see views around Suphanburi province very far. And around this tower there is an amusement park, too.
- Bueng Chawak Aquarium is at Aumper Doem Bang Nang Buat. It’s a very interesting place to visit. There are many zones like the zoo, under water world, tree houses and Vegetables Park.
In Suphanburi has many more things to visit than this.