Sushmita Sen (born 19 November 1975) is an Indian actress and model who was crowned Femina Miss India in 1994 and won Miss Universe 1994 at the age of 18. Sen is the first Indian to win the competition and has since primarily worked in Hindi films.
|Title||Femina Miss India 1994|
Miss Universe 1994
|Partner(s)||Rohman Shawl (2018–present)|
Sen won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in the comedy film Biwi No.1 (1999), and was also nominated in the category for her roles in Sirf Tum (1999) and Filhaal... (2002). Her commercially successful films include Aankhen (2002), Main Hoon Na (2004), and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? (2005).
Early life[change | change source]
Sen was born into a Bengali Baidya Brahmin family in Hyderabad to Shubeer Sen, a former Indian Air Force Wing Commander, and Subhra Sen, a jewelry designer and owner of a Dubai-based store. She has two siblings, a sister named Neelam and a brother named Rajeev.
Personal life[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Bollywood beauty Sushmita Sen turns 40". The Indian Express. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- DelhiNovember 19, India Today Web Desk New; November 19, 2015UPDATED:; Ist, 2015 16:13. "Sushmita Sen turns a year older: Lesser known facts". India Today. Retrieved 2021-06-21.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Sushmita Sen Filmography". boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "MCH bulldozers may force St. Ann's to relocate - Times Of India". web.archive.org. 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "No college degree for Sushmita Sen - Times Of India". web.archive.org. 2013-08-17. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- Ians (2010-05-21). "Sushmita Sen now wants a biological child". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "Sush consoles Renee | Deccan Chronicle". web.archive.org. 2012-01-25. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "Sushmita Sen reveals her battle with Addison's disease; here is what it means - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2021-06-21.