Sylvia Celeste Shoemaker
October 19, 1936
|Died||November 20, 2013 (aged 77)|
San Jose, California, United States
|Occupation||Self-described psychic and medium|
(m. 1959–1972; divorced)
Kenzil Dalzell Brown (m. ?-?)
Larry Lee Beck
Michael (m. 2009-her death)
Sylvia Celeste Shoemaker (known as Sylvia Browne; October 19, 1936 – November 20, 2013) was an American writer and a self-acclaimed psychic. Her predictions began around 1974. She appears on talk shows. She has had her own hour-long radio talk show. In March 2011, Sylvia had a heart attack while in the Hawaiian Islands.
Browne has been the subject of frequent criticism for making psychic predictions that were later proven false. These have included several predictions related to missing persons, most notably Shawn Hornbeck and Amanda Berry.
She was born in Kansas City, Missouri. Browne was Jewish. Browne made many wrong predictions. She predicted that President Barack Obama would not be re-elected as President of the United States. (In September, she made a different prediction that Obama would be re-elected.) Obama won the presidential election in November with 51.06% of the national popular vote and 62% of the electoral college.
In May 2003, she told Larry King in an interview that she would die at the age of 88. Browne died on November 20, 2013 in San Jose, California from heart failure with her husband and children by her side, aged 77.
References[change | change source]
- CNN obituary (November 20, 2013)
- King, Larry (March 6, 2001). "Are Psychics for Real?". CNN/Larry King Live. Retrieved 2006-08-18. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Gonzalez, John (January 23, 2012). "Sylvia Browne's 2012 predictions, and her claim Steve Jobs was someone famous in another life". MLive. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Spiritual healer Sylvia Browne makes predictions for Louisiana's future". NBC 33 News. September 27, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Interview with Sylvia Browne". Larry King Live. “King: "OK. Do you know when you're going to die?" Browne: "Yes. When I'm 88."”
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Sylvia Browne at Wikimedia Commons
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Sylvia Browne|