History[change | change source]
TAROM began in 1954.  Since Romania was part of the Eastern Bloc, TAROM had to fly mostly airplanes made by the Soviet Union. When the Soviet Union ended in 1991, TAROM was allowed to buy airplanes from other countries.  TAROM started flying Airbus planes in 1993. In 2010, TAROM joined SkyTeam.  As of 2016, TAROM owns 23 airplanes and goes to 79 cities across Europe, Asia, Africa and North America.
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Tarom - Hahn Air Lines". www.hahnair.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-06-24. Retrieved 2016-02-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-30. Retrieved 2016-02-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Romanian carrier Tarom orders three Airbus A310-300s". UPI.
- SkyTeam. "TAROM Airlines Joins SkyTeam". www.prnewswire.com.
- "Please verify your request". www.planespotters.net.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TAROM.|