The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (September 2020)
Tadzio Müller (born 1976) is a German climate and LGBT activist; and political scientist. He works as a speaker on climate justice and international politics at the Center for International Dialogue and Cooperation of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation.
Life[change | change source]
Müller first studied history and political science at the Ruprecht-Karls University in Heidelberg in 1996. From 1998 to 2000 he studied political science at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, and then from 2001 to 2002 Global Political Economy at the University of Sussex. In 2007, he received his doctorate in international relations and politics from the University of Sussex. He was a lecturer at the University of Kassel .
Müller was involved in protests critical of globalization. He has been active in the environmental and climate movement since the 2000s. During his doctoral studies he participated in climate camps in England, and helped to establish them in Germany. From autumn 2007, he was one of the organizers of the first German climate camp in Hamburg and was its spokesman.
Around 2010, he was instrumental in the protests against the transport of nuclear waste in Germany, and was one of the organizers of the “Castor? Gravel!". He was spokesman for the climate alliance Climate Justice Action in protests against the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference, Copenhagen, and was arrested. 
Tadzio Müller is HIV- positive and works publicly against discrimination against people living with HIV. Since 2019, he has been campaigning for solidarity between the LGBT movement and the climate movement. 
References[change | change source]
- "The magical realist of climate politics: Tadzio Müller". exberliner.com. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- Juliane Schumacher: "climate activist and political scientist Tadzio Müller: the importer of the climate camp ". In: The daily: taz . August 22, 2008, ISSN 0931-9085
- "Grün investieren als Lösung? Klimaaktivist ordnet ein". www.nachhaltig-investieren.com. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "„Es ist hip, Aktivist zu sein" - DER SPIEGEL 46/2010". www.spiegel.de. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "Kein linkes Projekt". Das Progressive Zentrum (in German). 2010-04-29. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "Energiedemokratie statt Klimagerechtigkeit". klimaretter.info (in German). Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "Tadzio Müller is a climate activist, left wing and HIV positive". taz.de. Retrieved 2020-09-05.