Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article used to be a very good article. It was promoted on 20 October 2009 and demoted on 5 September 2012. |
This means the community feels this article was written very well, but is not now.
You may see the vote that promoted the article here.
You may see the vote that demoted the article here.
Comments for VGA[change source]
- Link tramway as soon as possible after the opening sentence, i.e. probably look at swapping the second and third sentence with each other.
- "first-generation" needs explanation.
- I can't quite thnk of how to explain this. Basically, it's your "traditional" style tramway before they made a comeback in Manchester with the name "light rail" and "light rail vehicles". I can't explain it inline... but don't think it would warrant it's own article; help! Goblin 08:49, 2 October 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
- "to remain in the " - does that mean the rest have been moved elsewhere or do you really mean it's the only one still in use in the UK?
- If you redlink Blackpool Transport then you should redlink Blackpool Borough Council. And then fix the redlink!
- "6,500,000 people travel on the tramway each year and it runs for 11 miles (17.7 km)." Switch it round, length first and then people. Makes it read a little nicer plus you won't start sentence with a number.
- A lot of the infobox fields are missing.
- "first practical electric" what do you mean here by "practical"?
- By this I mean that it was the first one that was actual useful and used for a purpose, rather than just testing - not sure how to rephrase it. Goblin 14:53, 12 October 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
- "electric traction" not simple.
- Any ideas as to how it could be phrased instead? What I mean is that the tramcars that were used were powered by electricity as opposed to steam or horses. Goblin 14:53, 12 October 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
- "At the opening was..." just two people?!
- Possibly explain "overhead wires". Is it similar to pantograph?
- Linked. Pantographs "connect" with the overhead wires. Goblin 14:53, 12 October 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
- " The Marton loop" - explain this.
- Link depot.
- Be consistent whether you capitalise Depot or not.
- Some should be capitalised, some should not. "Rigby Road Depot" is an actual name, rather than "the depot" which is not. Likewise Bispham Depot etc. I have however gone through and checked that this is the case throughout. Goblin 14:53, 12 October 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
- The network (heading)-> Network.
- "The interurban style alignment which doesn't follow" far from Simple and avoid contractions.
- bodywork not simple.
- illuminated ditto.
- ". . " - remove spare full stop and spare space.
- " wear and tear" a little colloquial, and not simple.
- Gallery messes up on my Safari browser, lots of images overlapping each other. Don't overdo the images...
VGA ++[change source]
- Link electric.
- Blackpool 4 caption needs a full stop as it's a complete sentence.
- "lease expired" is not simple.
- "The interurban style " why the bullet point?
- "non-heritage" is not simple.
- What's BTS?
- link bid.
- "An electrical console reportedly blew up" not altogether simple.
- Link billion.
- "fishing trawler" is a redlink.
- All fixed, with the exception of the lease redlink, fishing trawler redlink and the bullet on interurban style - the three above also have bullets. Thanks, Goblin 13:47, 19 October 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Fr33kman!
Maintenance of GA and VGA lists[change source]
As part of maintenance efforts for the list of VGAs and GAs, the article's promotion and demotion details were updated and the following noted for general information: