Jump to navigation Jump to search
Not very comprehensive.
- To begin with, it is only two sentences.
- The definition is a very short, inconclusive one, and it is only one very short sentence.
- the only example mentioned is the hippies. This is wrong for several reasons:
- The hippies are not the only counterculture.
- The hippies are no longer a staple of modern culture (I believe they were murdered by J. Edgar Hoover, but that is aside from the point), and aside from some Neo-Retro movements are gone
- Punks, a huge and very important counterculture, and the punk subculture of Straight Edge/Poison-Free are not mentioned, surprisingly
- The last sentence mentioning hippies leads readers to infer that there are no longer any other cultures, except for small, underground movements, and that is not true mentioning Goths, Punks, and others.
- Little more than a dictionary definition, and some trivia, but could be improved to much more.
Did you see this?