Promo alert[change source]
Response from Latin Wikipedia[change source]
- Quite true. But en:wiki long ago decided to keep her, so maybe we will too? []
False claim of fame[change source]
This article claims that Novin is «Regarded as one of Canada's world-renowned painters», and uses a <ref> to «prove» this with a quote. The given referanse is however not useful. It is not written as a art critic; it is merely an advance notice (pdf) about an art walk, most likely written by a journalist. And what is more, it is likely from the context, that the information («Guity Novin is a world-renowned acrylics painter, who inaugurated a movement in painting called "transpressionism". Her work is in galleries and collections around the globe.») is not the journalists own well-based opinion, but something she has been told by someone, perhaps the artist, or the staff behind the walk. (Plus, if Novin really is «world-renowned painter», it seems likely that there should have been more writings about her, also in prestigious foreign art magazines!?)
Myself I am a librarian and literary critic, under education to be an art critic as well. To me, it is plain mater to distinct between notable art critic, and un-notable advance notices. Bw --Orland (talk) 20:29, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- (reply from Tiranious, moved here from my talk page)
- Dear Orland, In response to your concerns about the notability of this artist under the title 'False Claim', I would suggest that you consider some of the references here . respectfully yours. There are other references to this artist's work in here  and , --Tiranious (talk) 02:01, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for your response. But neither of the four links that you show me does anything to prove the claim that she is «Regarded as one of Canada's world-renowned painters», that was my objection to this article. The first link is merely to en:Guity_Novin, where there is no such high claim. The second and third link are to canadian artist directories, that surely proves that Ms Novin excists, but the does not do anything to prove a claim of her as world-renowned. In fact, it seem to me as if the third link goes to a page where an artist herself could write and edit her own listing (quote: "If you'd like to update or change your current listing, e-mail us at info[a]nvoca.ca ."). The fourth page - at iranchamber.com, is somehow more impressive, though, listing her as one of 11 contemporary artists. But it is not easy to decide what kind of art history or art critic qualifications that lies behind the selection and listing. And neither this link does verify the claim of her as «one of Canada's world-renowned painters». Bw, --Orland (talk) 07:21, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
The message below was posted on wiki-nl and wiki-de by a colleague administrator on wiki-en:
I am an admin on English wiki. I have blocked en:User:Tiranious and en:User:Bamshadan on the English wikipedia as socks of en:User:Artaxerex, who has just returned after a year's ban. My user page en:User:Tyrenius (global account). Tiranious is an obvious reference to, if not attempt to impersonate, my user name. If there is any reply from you, please post at en:User talk:Tyrenius. Thanks. Tyrenius 18:55, 15. Jan. 2009 (CET)
Please Stop MoiraMoira and his friends to Impose their censorship here[change source]
- . Here is the the response from Cymraeg admin 
Thank you, Tiranious. Seems this is a controversial issue in some quarters, judging by some of the acrimonious comments on the :en article's talk page. Personally, I have no problem with keeping the article in its present form as we have few women artists and even fewer Iranian/Muslim artists. The general consensus on other wikipedias seems to be "keep" rather than "delete". She would appear to be at least as noteworthy as many other contemporary artists with articles on the English wikipedia. Best wishes, Anatiomaros 17:17, 5 Ionawr 2009 (UTC)
- . Here is the Latina response:
Cross wiki promo try - see here. Already removed on many wikipedia versions. Kind regards, MoiraMoira (discusión) 09:50 31 dic 2008 (UTC)
- Quite true. But en:wiki long ago decided to keep her, so maybe we will too? Andrew Dalby 15:34, 31 Decembris 2008 (UTC)
- Hi that's up to you but I suggest you read the english talk page first which enlightened me very much. MoiraMoira 19:12, 31 Decembris 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the alert, MoiraMoira. What we usually do, in the case of authors and artists whose work has at least some real exposure in the press, is to retain a short article and add a link to our page Vicipaedia:Propaganda. This includes a list of cross-wiki-spammed articles that have reached as far as Vicipaedia. Andrew Dalby 19:32, 15 Ianuarii 2009 (UTC)
- . I am not sure why MoiraMoira is doing what he is doing. There are of course certain elements that try to stop and censor this artist. Fortunately, many wikis have not accepted MoiraMoira's innuendo (German, Swedish, Latin, and few more). He has been successful to censor her in Italian, Spanish, and French Wikis (although some liberal admins have offered other sites for example see here ).
- . Please read the  carefully to find out MoiraMoira and his friends' real motive in trying to supress these pages.
About MoiraMoira[change source]
- > Moiramoira was band by Dirk Beestra of the English wiki because of Vandalism ( he wanted to push an article!!). Please see here  and . He has been using four puppets, and have resorted to edit wars,( please see ).