Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Profanity article.|
Page move[change source]
I don't think this page should have been moved from Profanity to Vulgarism. Vulgarism does not equate to profanity. Profanity can be vulgar, but the vice versa does not apply. Nishkid64 (talk) 20:17, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
"Profanity is using a rude word"[change source]
- Profanity is a curse or an oath, but "stupid, fat, idiot" are all insults rather than curses.
- Gwib-(talk)- 18:39, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- They are considered mild profanity in some places, as is "crap". (And does anyone else see the irony in the "cleanup" tag, on a page about this topic?) Zephyrad 23:17, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
Cleaning up[change source]
- Get rid of the listing, as it is not encyclopedic.
- Do not explain blasphemy here, but do it it in the blasphemy article. When doing so, try to not focus on a Christian viewpoint too much.
- Same thing for obscenity; it has its own article.
Re: "unencyclopedic"[change source]
- Look at this article in other languages; neither English, nor Spanish, nor German have a listing of "common examples". Besides, when you revert another editor, please do so to the "last known good version". Since we have articles on blasphemy and obscenity I had adapted this article to reflect that, before removing what I considered to be the unencyclopedic part. And yes, I am well aware that this article needs a lot of work. --Eptalon (talk) 11:15, 13 December 2009 (UTC)
- @Brandon5015: It's usually a synonym for profanity. By the way, you usually won't get answers by leaving messages on article talk pages like this because most people won't see your question. Asking at WP:Simple talk is more likely to get you an answer. --Auntof6 (talk) 06:12, 17 September 2018 (UTC)