Someone please say if this page is now Simple or not.
This page is very Simple to most people who speak English and have learned English for more than 3 years.----Bad boy10:24, 16 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Could someone update this article, regarding the Chinese anti-seccession law ? It is outdated. ----Siyac17:17, 15 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Part of PRC?[change source]
Is Taiwan province of the PRC or is it a country on its own? I have heard of Taiwan being called "Republic of China" while mainland is "People's Republic of China." If Taiwan is its own nation aand not part of mainland China, please remove the category "Provinces of China." Alexhl (talk) 09:39, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- This article is not about the Republic of China, but the island of Taiwan, and it mentions its political situation. As the article says "Taiwan" is a province of the RoC and of the PRC. --Bärliner 14:33, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, Taiwan is both part of PRC, and seperate to it.
- Taiwan itself regards itself as separate.
- However, China has stated clearly that it acknowledges it entirely as part of China.
- However, although China says that Taiwan is part of China, it says that there are two parts of China, PRC and ROC.
- China says that PRC is mainland China, while ROC is HongKong, Taiwan, and other places.
- China says there are some differences in the rules for the PRC and ROC.
- However, it says that they are all still part of China.
- But Taiwan says that they are separate.
- Both views should be included.
- Also, it should be included that China does not have relations with another country if they say that Taiwan is separate to China.
- So basically, if England said to Taiwan that it acknowledged it as being separate to China, China would stop its relations with England.
- This is because it regards Taiwan as a province which is trying to break away.
- So basically, countries have had to choose whether to have dipolomatic relations with either PRC or ROC, because the PRC believes that the ROC is part of it anyway.
- Most people have chosen to have ties with PRC instead of ROC, because PRC is so much bigger and has more trade.
I am Chinese. As far as I know, most of the countries agree that Taiwan isn't a country, Taiwan is a part of China! Why saying that 'Taiwan is an island country in the western Pacific and east of mainland China'? It is wrong.Rick onWiki (talk) 13:30, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
the article[change source]
Nationalist government[change source]
The "Nationalist Government of the Republic of China"(中華民國國民政府) is the government of the Republic of China between 1927 and 1948, the government after 1948 is called "Government of the Republic of China"(中華民國政府).--18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:29, 15 February 2018 (UTC)