(Redirected from Tax penalty)
A penalty is most often a punishment, and may also mean:
- in law:
- in sports:
- getting a Penalty (American football) gets a punishment for your team's rule infraction
- getting a Penalty kick (football)/(soccer) gets a "reward" for the other team's rule infraction, or refers to the tiebreak procedure where there has been no rule infraction, and there is neither a punishment nor a reward. See also Penalty area.
- in Contract Bridge and other card games a penalty can be both an "intra-game" scoring bonus which is not associated with any rule infraction, or an "extra-game" punishment for a rule infraction such as a "revoke".
- Penalty (ice hockey). See also Penalty box.
- Penalty (rugby)
- Penalty (Brazilian sports manufacturer)
- in other sports or games, penalties may be referred to as fouls or faults
- in finance and banking:
- a payment forfeited for an early withdrawal from an account or an investment
- Tax penalty, a fee required for missing a deadline or some other violation.
- In entertainment:
- The Penalty, a film.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Penalty.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.